Wednesday, February 28, 2007

well, life is picking up again (finally!) with a Snow Patrol and Ok Go concert yesterday (entirely fabulous!) my immanent volunteer orientation at the ER in St. Joseph's hospital around the corner, a job interview tomorrow, and the beauty of sports, in particular racquetball and kung fu. *sigh* good things.

so, as I have currently had an influx of fabulous music, that one may or may not find by themselves, I thought I'd share the love.

Bands you might know:
Snow Patrol - Irish band, pretty much feel-good pop / lovey ballads, but they're nice to listen to anyways
Ok Go - if you don't know these guys, you want to. Immediately. They're so much fun it's insanity. to get a taste, check out the treadmill song (otherwise known as Here it Goes Again)
I'd put it up here, but I'm not sure how to do that yet...lesigh.

Bands you probably wont know:
Eisley - Yes, it is named after Mos Eisley, part of the appeal, I won't lie...it's a bunch of siblings that started a group, both upbeat and almost a little Gothic, they throw in some diminished and minor chords while still making you want to jump around the room to their music, and occasionally scratch your head and laugh with some of their lyrics...totally fantastical, totally awesome.
Apples in Stereo combination acoustic and electronic, upbeat and intelligent, I'm still getting to know these guys but I'm happy so far, especially their song "energy" off of their album New Magnetic Wonder. Worth giving them a listen on Itunes if nothing else.
Sondre Lerche His album Phantom Punch is exquisite. He really shifts up the beats and stays away from the expected musical and chord progressions. This Norwegian has some intelligent lyrics covering everything from airport taxis to mix tapes. again, a new artist for me, but really awesome. Finally someone who is both upbeat and fresh!

okay, now that my mini music review is over, I'm off to write a paper, the Victorians had fun digging subtly into big issues, currently I'm taking apart Christina Rosetti's Goblin Market (deliciously sensual and wickedly subtle) to show how it criticises repression of women's sexuality and sexual freedom...mmmhm funfunfun!

4 comments:

無名 - wu ming said...

to embed a youtube link, just click on the "embed" window next to the movie, copy, and than paste the code into your text box where you want the movie to show up in your post.

funny video. makes you want to play around on treadmills, dunnit?

Unknown said...

Soooo funny :)

Unknown said...

The video, I mean :/

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.